Sunday 10 March 2013

Radicals


The first of Verso's Radical Thinkers series of philosophy paperbacks have been out for a while, but I didn't see them until the most recent releases in the series came out in January. They've taken the potentially difficult task of illustrating complex ideas and tackled it using elegant, sometimes abstract and sometimes punning, line illustrations and patterns on a clean white background. I would once have suspected it would take a gun to the head to make me read more Baudrillard, but now I realise it might just take a pretty face!

Here are some of my favourites from the series so far. Click for bigger versions.





For more Wilhelm Reich sex madness, see this post






















4 comments:

Jane Housham said...

Interesting. To me they work better as a series where they can bounce off each other than singly. They're just so spare.

drew said...

True, but I like how the simple lines and shapes abandon the cover design as illustrations and move into the realm of symbols and language.

JRSM said...

They are certainly very effective en masse, as Jane says, but I think you're right, Drew.

Anonymous said...

These look incredible. I think they work very well as a group, but each one is so striking that they look great alone, too.