Thursday 11 September 2008

Duplicate Winkfields

I've been catching up on one of my favourite blogs, A Journey Round My Skull, which is an excellent guide to some of the world's most entertainingly odd writers and artists. A recent series of posts looked at the work of artist and writer Trevor Winkfield, who I have to say I knew nothing about.

One of the covers Winkfield has done is for a book he also edited, Raymond Roussel's How I Wrote Certain of My Books.



That image I knew--it has been reused on the cover of the NYRB edition of A. J. A. Symons' The Quest for Corvo (which is also entertainingly odd).

4 comments:

Ian Koviak said...

what a great piece of art...

JRSM said...

It's lovely, isn't it? 'A Journey Round My Skull' has tonnes of great stuff in that line.

Anonymous said...

NYRB kind of reused another Exact Change cover in a similar fashion: compare EC's edition of Salvador Dali's Oui with NYRB's reissue of Radiguet's Count D'Orgel.

JRSM said...

I hadn't seen the 'Oui' cover: well spotted!